Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 30 September 2014


You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.   [Franz Kafka]

I’m exhausted. Spent. And having slept 8+ hours, wish I could fall back into a delicious sleep. The fun part of that idea is that in a few hours I will BE confined to a comfy bed for transfusion #2. For 5 hours. Who am I to complain?!

I have learned I can always wait, quietly, all by my own little self.

And while I don’t completely understand it rolling “in ecstasy” at my feet or anywhere else, for that matter, I DO understand the idea tucked inside of Kafka’s words.

Yesterday, for someone who does NOT drive anymore, I did a LOT of driving. It was Gracie’s Spa Day and she is Now a nekked little girl who is still NOT eating much but eating a little again. I also took my mum for an emergency appointment to get a biopsy of a wound she has in a place I am sure she would prefer I NOT mention in public. Enough said.

And I am grateful.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

Sleep and rest are the great healers!

I think the world or nature is filled with the overflowing joy of living than us humans usually are. Maybe that's what he means? ;)

Rita said...

I meant to say "more filled". Having a bad pain day today and it gets harder to focus, sorry. But it is still a good day, don't get me wrong. ;)