Monday, September 22, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 22 September 2014


Every faction conditions its members to think and act a certain way. And most people do it. For most people, it's not hard to learn, to find a pattern of thought that works and stay that way. But our minds move in a dozen different directions. We can't be confined to one way of thinking, and that terrifies our leaders. It means we can't be controlled. And it means that no matter what they do, we will always cause trouble for them.    [Veronica Roth, Divergent]

Like many, I’ve been watching The Roosevelts. To think of my past, and my past’s past often finds me scrunching up my face and scratching my head. I have watched, actually discovered large chunks of my history by watching and listening to programs like this.

And you know, I was simply NOT aware of history so much while growing up and older. I think there is too much news Now, for awhile Now, that tries to BE “group-think” and requesting us to pick a side.

As though there were only that way and my/your/their way. Which is just wrong.

Anyhow, watching this series is helping me understand what happened and how people saw that. What they did.

But it is less about Right and Wrong. It’s willingness to understand HOW such thinking happens.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I have been recording all of them but haven't started watching them yet. Looks quite fascinating. :)