Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 23 September 2014


We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.   [May Sarton]

Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.    [Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are]

NOT long ago, I was having a conversation with a new friend. It was her birthday and she was thinking forward, about WHO and HOW she wants to BE. #1 on her list was BEing Authentic. This really resonated.

I’ve noticed with myself that as I grow older, or as I simply spend more Time here on Planet Earth, that I am always discovering Who I AM. I couldn’t BE authentic, at 42, the way I am at 61. This is BEcause I hadn’t yet walked through what I have walked through these past 19 years.

Every step of the Journey of Life is essential. There are no shortcuts that DO anything other than turn us inside out and upside down. We just have to choose and dare to BE ourselves.

Each day. Each moment. Each opportunity that arises.

That’s all…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Who we are changes so much over the years. When we are young we think we will never change, but over time we are slowly formed like clay on a potter's wheel. But at any point in time--that is who we are. All we can do is try to be the best human being we can muster on any given day. Even small movements can change the direction of the final product. ;)