Sunday, September 21, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 21 September 2014


Whenever there is stillness there is the still small voice, God's speaking from the whirlwind, nature's old song, and dance...   [Annie Dillard, Teaching a Stone to Talk: Expeditions and Encounters]

I’ve been getting better at BEing Still. I’m NOT saying I've got it, but after a period of stillness, I always feel more made to fit in my own skin. I am gentled. Quieted. Eased.

I never could BE Still, for a long stretch of Time, though I could make-BElieve I was. I don’t know that anyone else was fooled. Surely I was NOT!!

I may have thought that BEing Still was like BEing held down or going away somewhere, in my mind. Now I know Stillness better. I can BE in it and I can plan my Life and days round it.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.   [Terry Pratchett, Diggers]

When it comes to thinking things through, I envision myself a fair bit slow with a tendency to hurry myself up. I usually assume that I need to hurry up and figure out whatever I’m trying to think through. But that is NOT what thinking through is at all.

Learning keeps happening. I just try to keep up.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really beautiful.

love you

k

Rita said...

I guess that's why they say patience is a virtue. Took me a long time to even get close to it. ;)