Friday, September 19, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 19 September 2014


We’re stars, you know. Different, distant, young and old, but we’re all made of the same stuff. We all shine just as bright as the next.  [Dannika Dark, Five Weeks]

It’s hard sometimes to just remember this simple truth. I am made of the same stuff as everyone. I shine on my own way, as YOU DO your way. And she does her way. And he does his way. And so it goes…

Somedays I am, well, I suppose I am resistant. I want to BE a snowflake, NOT a star. I want to shine, but I might want NOT to shine too brightly. Or mayBE I want to shine a little brighter.

And then I come back to Planet Earth and realise that I am shining as I am meant to shine, even if it is NOT totally to my liking!!! These are the days when I canNOT help but laugh at myself. Loudly. Bodaciously even.

I’ve been sorting through my art. I have every intention of giving it all away. Little by slow bit that is happening. It is fun to imagine it living on someone’s wall or shelf. It makes me remember I will always leave a little stardust BEhind, wherever I go.

There are so many ways to shine.

A brilliant and wondrous Plan.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, you do shine and shimmer, lady!! ;)