Sunday, September 7, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 7 September 2014


I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you'll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you'll make something that didn't exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.    [Neil Gaiman]

Birthdays are round the corner. My family, all of them, are September, October, and November people. I have been trying to think of the sort of something I want to DO for them. Each one. And it helps that my brother will BE in town for our mother’s 86th on 9.11.

I love what Gaiman wrote. It’s the sort of thing I wish for those I love. I’ve so much Hope for everyone. Even if there’s no really good reason to BE that hopeful. Sometimes I think this is mayBE a little weird for my family.

What I mostly want is Kindness to reign supreme through us all. If something is “broken” or even just slightly damaged, what is that up against Kindness?!

I hope we all WILL have wonderful years.


I love you, Currie

No comments: