Saturday, September 20, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 20 September 2014


I don't trust people who don't love themselves and tell me, 'I love you.' ... There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.    [Maya Angelou]

Maya Angelou said a lot of good things to remember. I was thinking this same sort of a thought yesterday, in fact.

The saying goes that hurting people hurt people and that has always helped me find a foothold in such times.

I notice that there are a lot of people in my World whose minds are all made up and stick a fork in them BEcause they are D O N E. Well, I’m NOT sure of much of anything. And I am very curious and want to know how people came to these conclusions. But sometimes that can BE heard as a challenge. And that is never how I mean it.

Anyway… I am still going a little batty here with my brain. Somedays it discourages me from even trying to write.

But then each time I DO write I feel energised. Happier. More curious. And then something out in the World will catch my hummingbird attention span and I will want to write about it or of it and then I forget. Completely. It is gone.

Somewhat of a hindrance sometimes…


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

Such a nice hinderance.
I LOVE that quote. Haven't heard that one before. She was a treasure. :)

Unknown said...

I feel you there!