Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 10 September 2014


“Remember to delight yourself first, then others can be truly delighted."

This was my mantra when I published my first book in 1990, and still holds true. When we focus on the song of our soul and heart, then others will be touched similarly. Sometimes people wonder or worry whether people will like or approve of their creative expression. It's none of your business. It's your business to stay present and focused for the work of your deepest dreams. It might look crooked or strange, or be very odd-but if it delights you, then it is yours, and will find its way into other hearts.    [SARK]

I have been a little unkind to myself lately. And at the same time, I have given myself a LOT of room. It’s actually always a little more this and a little less that, but the important part is my awareness.

If I am unkind toward me, I suspect everyone else feels similarly. Which is weird BEcause I don’t really reach a lot of other radar…

Anyway, I like what Sark is saying here. BEcause, really, anything I write or paint or draw or piece together, whatever it is, is something that makes my crooked little heart sing. Even just one tiny note.

So for Now I will work to deLIGHT myself.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great for our creative juices to work for our own delight, for even art can become a chore:)