Friday, September 5, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 5 September 2014


I'm going to enjoy every second, and I'm going to know I'm enjoying it while I'm enjoying it. Most people don't live; they just race. They are trying to reach some goal far away on the horizon, and in the heat of the going they get so breathless and panting that they lose sight of the beautiful, tranquil country they are passing through; and then the first thing they know, they are old and worn out, and it doesn't make any difference whether they've reached the goal or not.   [Jean Webster]

Things seem to BE calmer this time. MayBE I am getting better able to accommodate the myriad feelings, physical, emotional, even mental.

I’ve never been much of a goal-oriented sort. I mean, it’s fun to follow a thing well through, but it’s also quite okay to change your mind or simply NOT choose to make anymore effort in that direction.

Sometimes I wish I could lull myself into that delicious complacency of All Is Well. And there’s no good reason I canNOT. In fact I DO it and I make a point to DO it often, but it never satisfies. Never really scratches the itch.

I’m not sure, mayBE this is BEcause I am so much more aware of the JOY in BEing alive?!

 Hmmmmmmm…  Whad’you think?!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you ask hard questions!

love you!

k