Saturday, September 6, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 6 September 2014


When people don't express themselves, they die one piece at a time.    [Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak]

It came as a bit of a shock that I so deeply agree with this notion. I mean, yes, I have learned and continue to strive toward always saying less than I used to always. Or so it seems.

Lately I’ve been having some preliminary peace talks within. Very little, and really NONE of that is for public consumption, but it is enough that this is how I am using this Time in my Life.

I realise there is no need for “peace” so much as peace of mind. A peaceful heart. Two peaceful hearts.

It always seems I am assuming that if I don’t say things Now, how long am I thinking I can still put them off?! And at the same second I am leaning into that thought I am leaning, simultaneously, toward NOT disturbing anyone else’s Life and Time with my “things to say.”

We don’t always need to “say everything” but sometimes we feel an urgency to DO just that. I am aware of the possibilities for pain, so I keep refining and simplifying.

I didn’t always DO my best.

That’s the most to the point thing I want to say.

And I hope you may forgive me.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

drew said...

Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson, is such a powerful book. I'm so heartened to see you quote from it here.

Unknown said...

Beautiful and wise, Currie. There are times and ways we must speak, share, pour out.

But equally, there are times when the most loving thing we can do is let unhelpful thoughts and words die from neglect, eh?

Thank you for sharing. You make me think, and grow, and smile.

love you!

k