Monday, December 9, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 9 December 2013


Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.  [Thomas A. Edison]

I woke up thinking about this today. I wasn’t really thinking about it in terms of one particular thing, just that it is awfully easy to give up when it might even BE easier to try something new. Or at least something new-to-me.

I have been trying to make the transition from FL to AZ complete, and somehow there seems always to BE one more hurdle to negotiate. And I seem more inclined to sit down than head out to hurdle it.

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!  [Dr. Seuss]

Sometimes I think my thinker is nothing more than strings and knots. I get stuck in a way of thinking that seems to spiral down and down into a pit. Other times I am utterly astonished at what I can think up. It seems a bit of a risky business much of the time, but I like getting my thinker on about something that challenges it. Something that lets the Light shine in.

By letting it go it all gets done. [Lao Tzu]

Or try a simpler idea…

I love you, Currie

No comments: