Sunday, December 15, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 15 December 2013


An effort made for the happiness of others lifts above ourselves. [Lydia M. Child]

Sounds fishy at first, perhaps, but this is really true. Whenever I am feeling low and outcast, and when I am most sorry for myself, I am focused totally inward and stuck there. And yet just the simplest act in an effort to see BEyond myself into the World, however tiny a corner of it I might BE able to see, changes everything.

Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.  [Helen Keller]

I have learned a LOT lately about my ability to tolerate the Stuff of Life. I’ve grown in this area, seemingly without trying, and yet I DO see a rather great effort on my part, over time, practised and practised and stretched BEyond what I thought possible.

Sometimes it is nothing more than a decision to BE tolerant or kind or simply Present that makes these things possible.

I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. [Elizabeth Edwards]

So simple. So true. Simply true.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, they say the best thing to do when you are feeling low is to do something for somebody else. :)