Saturday, December 21, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 21 December 2013


You have to listen to the people who have a negative opinion as well as those who have positive opinion. Just to make sure that you are blending all these opinions in your mind before a decision is made. [Carlos Ghosn]

I’m NOT a big fan of “have to” yet I DO understand that when the phrase is used it means it’s probably a pretty good idea.

I DO like the ideas of listening to “all” sides, of making myself aware of those who see things in ways different than I DO, and of sincerely leaning in to learn what they think and feel and run on.

Otherwise, I may as well stay in a closet. The World is full of interesting and different perspectives.

Sailing a boat calls for quick action, a blending of feeling with the wind and water as well as with the very heart and soul of the boat itself. Sailing teaches alertness and courage, and gives in return a joyousness and peace that but few sports afford. [George Matthew Adams]

When I was teaching sailing, when I tried to explain to campers how it is a sailboat works, I could never find the words. Instead I let them experience it. BEing able to feel it is far more effective than how it’s said.

I love you, Currie

No comments: