Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 25 December 2013


I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.  [Katherine Mansfield]

I have always felt that in friendship there is room to BE imperfect. Incomplete. Unfinished. Even a mess. I am rich in such friendships, even though many whom I call Friend I’ve never met. Yet…

The closing of a door can bring blessed privacy and comfort - the opening, terror. Conversely, the closing of a door can be a sad and final thing - the opening a wonderfully joyous moment. [Andy Rooney]

I love the idea that good can seem NOT while JOY is often found in surprising places. Life is such a dance. Even without knowing the steps I can find great comfort in just moving with the music.

Comfort zones are most often expanded through discomfort.  [Peter McWilliams]

How hard it is for me to step in to discomfort deliberately. I prefer the shore to the rough current or high sea. But Life is NOT about sitting on the shore any more than it is all about bracing oneself for a rip tide. A gentler mix is preferable, but there are times, like Christmas Days, when I am glad I learned early in Life to BE a strong swimmer.

Comfort & JOY to all.


I love you, Currie

No comments: