Monday, December 23, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 23 December 2013


If you stand for something you will have people for you and people against you. But if you stand for nothing you will have nobody for you and nobody against you.  [Maurice Saatchi]

I notice that I seem to wander down similar side roads every year. At about this time of year it’s the slippery slope of wanting to BE understood. It is family stuff, and I think, finally, I am ready to stop wanting it from anyone and ready to give it to myself.

Since moving I have come to a deeper understanding of Who I AM and what I am about. What I stand for, you might say.

It is not easy to stand up against your constituents or your friends or colleagues or your community and take a tough stand for something you believe is right. Because you always want to keep working and live to fight another battle and it might cost you your career.   [Caroline Kennedy]

Replace any of those 4 with family and forget about fighting battles. When you stand somewhere that is in opposition to where your family members are comfortable, you realise that standing for what YOU stand for can cause a break.

I am still just sorting through this. I’m NOT carving it in stone. I am just saying…


I love you, Currie

No comments: