Sunday, December 22, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 22 December 2013


Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. [Steve Jobs]

It’s kind of a grim quote. Sorry, but it speaks to the point for me. I can spend hours, days, weeks, months, years, a lifetime worrying if I should or shouldn’t DO “x” and wonder forever what that will “mean” in the grand scheme…

It is exhausting. It is useless. It is without merit.

And it is human. Ahhhhhhh… yes!! I am human BEing human.

So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground.  [Oprah Winfrey]

What I know is true is that we ALL fall down. Sometimes. Oftentimes, even. And it is The Next Right Thing for us to get up again. But still, I like what Oprah is saying here. Things DO look different from where we are when we’ve fallen down. And sometimes the best thing is to look awhile from those downed places.

Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall.  [Ray Bradbury]

You’ve got to BE willing…

I love you, Currie

No comments: