Sunday, December 1, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 1 December 2013


It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect. The more perfect we are the more gentle and quiet we become towards the defects of others.   [Joseph Addison]

It never ceases to amaze me how much I judge and assess without even KNOWING I am DOing so. I am DOing a little experiment with standing aside from myself and watching me, with an insider’s perspective. It  might sound a little goofy, but that’s just how I play somedays.

My imperfections are plentiful. In fact, I discover new ones daily. And the plural is intentional. My how I can keep my hands full with just myself!!!

Once we realize that imperfect understanding is the human condition there is no shame in being wrong, only in failing to correct our mistakes.  [George Soros]

Sometimes I think mistakes are the greatest invention. The way of Life that is a constant practise. And yet it is all AS IS and Right Now. I DO think correcting mistakes has its place, but revering them is also a pretty good way to go.

I am also noticing that I lean more deeply into my imperfections, fearless of BEing swallowed up in them… whole. With no exit. Period. The End.

I know Now that BEing imperfect is BEing. Had I understood this BEfore, well…

I love you, Currie

No comments: