Friday, December 13, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 13 December 2013


The willow which bends to the tempest, often escapes better than the oak which resists it; and so in great calamities, it sometimes happens that light and frivolous spirits recover their elasticity and presence of mind sooner than those of a loftier character.  [Albert Schweitzer]

It’s been an up the waterfall swim lately in my little World. It’s silly stuff, really, but the stuff of Life in 2013. I know many would agree with me that these waterfall challenges are 1st World Problems, yet this does NOT completely eradicate their effect.

Although, realising that DOES help a great deal.

I am grateful for learning that surrendering is a way of “winning.” I am also mighty glad that I have found my sense of humour. It is no pleasure to BE Currie BEing too serious.

As we become purer channels for God's light, we develop an appetite for the sweetness that is possible in this world. A miracle worker is not geared toward fighting the world that is, but toward creating the world that could be.  [Marianne Williamson]

I love that, “an appetite for the sweetness that is possible.” Sometimes there is nothing to add and this is one of those sometimes.

I think BEing someone who is creating is far preferable than BEing one who is tearing down.

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I love that--an appetite for sweetness!!
I hope things go smoothly for you. :)