Sunday, December 29, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 29 December 2013


Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  [Ralph Waldo Emerson]

It seems this is an easy thing to DO. But really, it’s NOT. I mean, if it is what you DO, then it is as easy or hard as you make it. The thing is, I’m finding, that it’s NOT all that crystal clear. Am I going “my own” way in this World or am I following someone else’s footsteps?!

No memory is ever alone; it's at the end of a trail of memories, a dozen trails that each have their own associations.  [Louis L'Amour]

At the year’s end, which coincidentally is dropped into the mix of the holidays, it is practically unavoidable to look backward as well imagining what’s ahead. This is a curious mix for me. I am most comfortable in Right Now. In fact Right Now is the one place I CAN BE at peace within myself.

Great discoveries and improvements invariably involve the cooperation of many minds. I may be given credit for having blazed the trail, but when I look at the subsequent developments I feel the credit is due to others rather than to myself.   [Alexander Graham Bell]

This is true of so many things. Even this practise of Gratitude.

I love you, Currie

No comments: