Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 10 December 2013


If only I may grow: firmer, simpler, quieter, warmer. [Dag Hammarskjold]

This describes pretty well what I want in this Life.

I want to BE less scattered and worried about what anyone else thinks of me. [and truly, to realise that NO ONE ELSE thinks about me that much!!!] I want to know who I AM and BE that, NOT In a way that puts anyone off or ill at ease. I just want to BE someone who is firm enough NOT to BE bent by the wind.

I want to BE uncomplicated and clear. I don’t need more shoes than I have feet. I don’t need to have or save something “just in case” I might NEED it sometime. I guess I want to live and fully inhabit Right Now.

I want, even when I am chided or ridiculed for it, to BE quiet. To talk only a tenth as much as I listen. I want to know the place where Solitude is more than quite enough.

And, though it seems a bit odd as I move from one warm place to another and then back, I want to BE warm. But I don’t mean in a warm climate. I mean BEing warm in my heart, in how I am with myself as well as with others.


I love you, Currie

No comments: