Friday, December 27, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 27 December 2013


You can never plan the future by the past.  [Edmund Burke]

It is funny, really, how much I BElieve this to BE true and how little I live as though I knew it to BE true. Perhaps it’s time I recalibrate myself?!

You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by; but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by.  [James M. Barrie]

I wonder… DO I let enough of my time slip by?! Am I really all happy skippy with the moments that are spent just BEing?! I think so. And yet, I often measure my happy by my BEing productive.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.   [Albert Einstein]

That is brilliant. Spot on!!! Imagine if Life were one big long stretch of Time. Hmmmmmmm… Isn’t it though?! Or is it really so ordered and kept in line as I imagine?! I don’t know. I only know that BEcause of time I can see the ebb and the flow. The up and the NOT up, what some call the down.

It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.  [Maya Angelou]

We forget this. And it is too important to forget.


I love you, Currie

No comments: