Thursday, November 7, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 7 November 2013


As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others.  [Marianne Williamson]

I’ve had a struggle with this concept for as long as I can remember. I feel certain only one light can shine at a time, and mostly, that needs to BE others’ lights. But mayBE Marianne is right. MayBE I have it upside down. Or inside out…

The most ordinary word, when put into place, suddenly acquires brilliance. That is the brilliance with which your images must shine. [Robert Bresson]

I am often wary of “musts” and “shoulds.” And as much as I am a rule-respecter, I am NOT always a rule-follower. However, I completely understand what Bresson means here. I DO try, in my writing as well my art, to find the brilliance and let it shine forth. Sometimes it takes nothing more than intention and willingness. Other times, NOT so much.

If I could be granted a wish, I'd shine in your eye like a jewel. [Bette Midler]

This is a thoughty thought I absotively posolutely love. It is honest and real. It doesn’t take the long way round. I aspire to such simple straightforwardness.

I aspire, too, to shining. A girl can dream, eh?!


I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Terrie said...

I haven't seen any posts from you in ages - I assumed you were busy settling into your new place. Great giraffe showing up in today's art! (I love your "about me" comments - were they always there? I don't remember reading it before - so thoughtful...so...you!)

Email me your new address - I'd love to send a little 'welcome' mail art. So glad to see you arting again.

Jez said...

Seven lovely pieces of Art Every Day. I particularly like Nos 6 and 7, and all the giraffes. Nice to read your posts again. I'll be back.

Rita said...

Shining can spread--like an energy field! :):)