Friday, November 15, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 15 November 2013


Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.  [Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn]

I love a good play with words. Carry on and carry-on. And all the same, I love how spot on Sozhenitsyn is here. To carry only what I CAN. The rest makes me tired. The lot of it is too much to ask of myself.

This is how I am learning to live Now. Lightly. Without more than I can carry. Unencumbered.

And it isn’t an easy path, really. It asks for constantly letting things go, letting people go, and letting Life BE itself without my input or agreement. So I have learned to travel light, to know what I need and take even a little less than that.

Perhaps this is the WHY of my word for 2013, Enough. Discovering what is Enough has been absolutely amazing. Knowing that more is NOT better, it is just more, and often too much or even worse. So I carry on with what I have and right where I am. Simple. Simpler.

Someday I will succeed in my dream. Someday I will overcome my fears. As for me in this current moment though, I must just carry on. [Isabel Aanya Leigh]

Somedays someday is quite Enough.


I love you, Currie

No comments: