Thursday, November 21, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 21 November 2013


Each of us has that right, that possibility, to invent ourselves daily. If a person does not invent herself, she will be invented. So to be bodacious enough to invent ourselves is wise. [Maya Angelou]

I love the word “bodacious” and even if it is an invented word, or considered made-up, I shall always cherish its feel in my head as well rolling off my tongue. It is even a fun word to write. One that always brings a smile.

I don’t know if I am so bodacious as I imagine, but I am bodacious enough. As with most things, enough is plenty for me.

Fortune favors the audacious. [Desiderius Erasmus]

Virtue is bold, and goodness never fearful.  [William Shakespeare]

A word that combines AUDACIOUS with BOLD, Bodacious is one of those words that needed to BE in our vocabulary. [in my NOT so humble opinion ;~D]

I often wonder about words. How we just accept and use them with the supposition that they are right and understood.

I have long loved boldness. I think of it as sort of a carrot on a stick, a thing I keep reaching for and one that keeps moving me just close enough to catch it and then moves on.

Audacity has been good for me, too. In its right measure.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I'm not sure I know exactly what bodacious involves--LOL!--but I don't think I would qualify these days. ;)