Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 19 November 2013


A friend is a gift you give yourself.  [Robert Louis Stevenson]

30 years ago, one of my dearest friends gave me a card with this quote on it. I kept it for a Very Long Time on a cork-board that moved with me over and over. I left it BEhind in 2009, like most everything when I moved East, so Now it is only a memory.

This is what I love about living a simpler Life. I can easily carry the sweet memory of the BEautimous card, my extraordinary friend, and all of the Life that we shared. All it asks is for me to give it space in my heart.

You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give.  [E. O. Wilson]

Giving is a curious thing. Giving all of oneself is, too. Yet I think if I canNOT give all of myself to anything, why give any?!

MayBE I am naïve and a little too much a dreamer, but I always intend to keep things as simple as I CAN.

It seems the way for me. Really…


I love you, Currie

4 comments:

Terrie said...

I love your giraffe series - who knew that critter could be portrayed so many ways?! I get so hung up on thinking I can't draw and that my giraffe (or face, or bird or whatever) will look silly. Sometimes silly is good - sometimes silly leads to extraordinary art! I just love your critters.

And of course I love this quote - its long been a fave. Thanks for reminding me of it. Hope your settling in has gone smoothly and you're feeling a bit more at home now!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

What a lovely image - so spirited and colorful!

Simplifying - your story is such a great reminder. Thank you for that, too!

Happy AEDM!

Serena Lewis said...

This is fabulous, Currie!! Your art always amazes me...the composition, the colours...a perfect mix every time! It's funny but the more I yearn to 'live simply', the more hectic my life seems to become. I crave simple!

Rita said...

You can give material things, but giving of yourself is the best gift. You do that all the time. :)