Sunday, November 10, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 10 November 2013


Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.  [Chief Seattle]

I am oftentimes undone at realising my arrogance. At BElieving my own press. Truly. I am only just BEginning to see how upside down and inside out I have been all my Life.

Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It require you to connect today's actions to tomorrow's results. There's a season for sowing a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which. [Gary Ryan Blair]

It occurs to me that I have never really needed that imaginary Jiminy Cricket to alert me to my DOing the “wrong” things or things that are/were wrong. I know, and I have known, all along. Sometimes, though, I am able to pull the wool over my own eyes or simply look away.

Writing fiction has developed in me an abiding respect for the unknown in a human lifetime and a sense of where to look for the threads, how to follow, how to connect, find in the thick of the tangle what clear line persists. [Eudora Welty]

I look for threads, for places to connect. Sometimes I find them. And sometimes… sometimes I don’t.


I love you, Currie

3 comments:

TK Piatek said...

What a fascinating image.

denthe said...

Love this image and the sparkling colours ....

Rita said...

Sometimes the connections are so invisible that we don't see them for a very long time. ;)

Your giraffes have even changed. Love the boldness of them!