Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 26 November 2013


The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists. [Charles Dickens]

It’s kind of funny how Dickens says this. I often think about this same thing without having words for it. When I write. When I make art. When I am BEing of Service in the World in any way.

Never underestimate the capacity of another human being to have exactly the same shortcomings you have. [Leigh Steinberg]

This is a remarkable insight. At least I BElieve it to BE so. I so often catch myself imagining details of another’s Life or what have you, NEVER EVER ONCE considering that another human can BE so much like I am. This has been especially true as I reconstruct my Life here.

Today, my Notes From the Universe Perpetual Flip Calendar has this thought I am pondering:

Exactly where you’ve been has made possible exactly who you are…

I pretty much know this to BE true, but I don’t always live as if I know it. In fact, I am given to flights of fancy that pretty much rewrite Life in a script I find more palatable. Nicer. Simpler.

Still, it had to BE, all that has been…


I love you, Currie

No comments: