Monday, November 11, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 11 November 2013


Bless the ones that walk away from you, they're just making room for the ones that won't... [Ritu Ghatourey]

It’s a bit odd, this take on making room. I find it comforting though, and it inspires me when I might well BE feeling rather uncomfortable. Letting Go of people is about the hardest and worst thing I have to DO, and I have had to DO it far too often. At least in my opinion.

What is especially curious is that this notion implies there is a finite space that we call “room” and I don’t think that is the case at all. I think there is always enough and more than enough “room” for all sorts of people in a Life.

However, I think this is also a spot-on philosophy. I mean, the blessing of those who walk away. Even those who just turn away. What else CAN a person DO with that?!

Allow the world to live as it chooses, and allow yourself to live as you choose. [Richard Bach]

If I can make room for all sorts of ways, those I understand and like as well those that confound and disturb me, I can live a Life that is rather extraordinary. At least this is what seems to BE so.

I’m grateful to know this.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I have found that a lot of people come and go. Very few stay around for years--decades. But then I moved A LOT up until 1999. People wrote me in their address books in pencil. ;) But then I have a few friends I have known for decades.

Interesting. I never think of finite room when it comes to friends, either. I think it's more of having similar ways of thinking that keeps mine around. And with some people you just kind of grow in different directions. We are always changing. Even when we don't notice it. :)