Sunday, November 24, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 24 November 2013


Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
[Antoine de Saint-Exupery]

It’s been awhile since I did things together with another person. I mean, DOing things with Gracie, that is old hat. Really BEing willing to DO stuff with another [or multiple others] is a dusty tool in my tool box.

The past two days have been rainy and cold. I haven’t ventured out of the Wee Casa save for walks with Gracie and even then, NOT too far afield. I’m noticing my thoughts more. I am hearing, I mean deeply listening and hearing myself. In a way this is marvelous. In another way, I am looking forward to spending my Sunday with Mum.

If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships - the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace. [Franklin D. Roosevelt]
 
Wow!! If that doesn’t say it all, eh?! This is what I often think [or ruminate, if I am BEing honest] about. How is it we are all so divisive and quick to argue?! Why does it seem that the majority of people would rather fight than BE at peace with one another?!

Kind of heady questions for a Sunday…

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Maron said...

Yes, friend…it does give one pause to wonder, doesn't it? Life would be simpler if we all just accepted each other and got along! Love the "together" painting….

Carol said...

Great art today and I really love that quote.... I am saving it for future use in something :) Have a great Sunday!!!!

Rita said...

Hope you had a great time with your mom. :):)
And a great week!