Monday, November 3, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 3 November 2014


You hear often in stories and songs and movies about the ONE person whose love will be everything to you, who will be everything you ever needed. What you will find, however, is that people give what they have. We are wired differently, and we will give our love differently. You will find people whose love feeds your mind, and people whose love feeds your sense of humor, and people whose love you can count on at 2:00 a.m. on a random Tuesday. When you let all of those different kinds of love into your spirit, it will smooth out the rough spots, filling in the tiny spaces left behind from moments of pain and misunderstanding. One person may not fill the role of providing every kind of love you need, and that is what makes life interesting.    [Patti Digh, What I Wish For You: Simple Wisdom for a Happy Life]

There is complicated and there is simple.

My tendency has been to dive headlong into complicated.

Now I am learning to BE simpler.

And my rough spots are slowly smoothing themselves out.

Learning to let Love in is a Life’s work, I think.

Once it’s “in” I think it goes about its business quietly, never needing me to direct, explain, or justify it one tiny little bit.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Linda Gibbons said...

reminds me of Mr. Moose from Captain Kangaroo!
Thanks for that.

Carol said...

It took me forever to realize that one person can't fulfill all and that that is OK. Sending LOVE.