Sunday, November 23, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 23 November 2014


Don't be afraid to be confused. Try to remain permanently confused. Anything is possible. Stay open, forever, so open it hurts, and then open up some more, until the day you die, world without end, amen.   [George Saunders, The Braindead Megaphone]

I am often confused. Or, I am often aware of confusion and notice it is travelling very close to me.

I just never realised what a treasure confusion is. Until I did.

Confusion is the best “explanation” for the curious series of events that have transpired in my Life over both the past 7 weeks as well the past 8 months. If I look at it too closely or try to “figure it out” I just wind up winded and sort of dazed.

Even as a child, she had preferred night to day, had enjoyed sitting out in the yard after sunset, under the star-speckled sky listening to frogs and crickets. Darkness soothed. It softened the sharp edges of the world, toned down the too-harsh colors. With the coming of twilight, the sky seemed to recede; the universe expanded. The night was bigger than the day, and in its realm, life seemed to have more possibilities.   [Dean Koontz, Midnight]

Somehow I know that all is well, even when it’s all chaotic and bubbly.

That’s all I’m saying.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

most definitely!

Carol said...

I understand ♥ Sending you Strength and Love !