Friday, November 28, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 28 November 2014


For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.   [Stephen Hawking]

WOW!!! I’ve rarely read something that hit me BEtween my brain and heart so exquisitely.

For me, talking too much has looooooong been the flaw of mine I’ve had the hardest time taming. I think this is why I so want to go live in a monastery, where quiet is the greater part of time. In my solitude, here, Now, I have come to love silence. Hearing the sound of Life, untranslated, and often too mysterious to BEgin to comprehend.

Today, however, I look at the hope of talking. As long as I am listening. And as long as others are talking and listening, too.

MayBE that is what writing this is about?!

Make sure we keep talking…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. OMG! I love that!! I have the same problem...well, according to Stephen, it's not a problem--LOL! We were born communicators!! :):)