Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 26 November 2014


It is always the first and last steps that are the hardest to take. We walk away and try not to turn back, or we stand just outside the gates, terrified to find what's waiting for us now that we've returned. In between, we stumble blindly from one place and life to the next. We try to do the best we can. There are moments like this, however, when we are neither coming nor going, and all we have to do is sit and look back on the life we have made.   [Dinaw Mengestu]

It’s true about starting off, taking those first-so-tentative-it seems-like-tiptoeing-steps. The terrified might BE a bit much, but the effect of terrified is spot-on.

Walking away is something I have a lot of practise with. MayBE it’s more collaborative than I can see. And, walking away without looking back has really been a hard nut for me to crack.

We all DO, I choose to BElieve, our very best. And sometimes we judge, ourselves and each other, assuming the best is anything but and BEing rather unpleasant about it.

And this is how we make a Life. Steps forward. Standing still. Pausing. Turning round sometimes.

Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.    [Yvonne Woon, Dead Beautiful]

Hmmmmmmm…


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

TammyVitale said...

love it all: art and post

Rita said...

I've struggled all my life with judgment. (Hardest on myself!) But in order to learn and grow comparison can be an excellent tool. So I am trying to think of it as mere comparison without the negatives attached, you know? A growth tool. I don't beat myself up as much over a growth tool--LOL! Or condemn others in my head, either. ;) We should celebrate our differences more. We are not all on the same path in the same place, right? Happy Thanksgiving!! :)