Thursday, November 27, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 27 November 2014


Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.   [A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh]

It’s NOT the size of the heart that determines Gratitude, it’s about our willingness to BE grateful, to see Life’s extraordinary unpredictability as BEauty BEyond measure. At least this is what I BElieve and try to live by.

In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.   [Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia]

I think that trying to “pay back” is something rather silly. Truly, imagine if all our good deeds were weighed down with handling pay back.

And as much as I love “paying forward” in concept, in practise it’s NOT easily done. I try just to hold thankful thoughts in my mind, my heart, and my attitudes. Now, while I’m NOT so able to DO for others, I am learning to receive. Gratefully.

Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.   [Thích Nhất Hạnh]

Lovely.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, I think we pay it forward by overflowing and not because of debt. Love that last quote!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)