Monday, November 17, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 17 November 2014


Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting.   [Dr. Seuss]

I have to admit that Life can BE a whole lot of waiting. But here’s the thing: waiting is NOT a bad thing. Imagine all the time you have spend waiting… WOW!! amazing, eh?!

I used to NOT wait well. And Now, well, Now I am only a little better at it. I’ve found things to DO while I wait. I have learned that waiting is NOT long or short, slow or fast, fun or a total drag. It is Time with which I can DO whatever floats my boat.

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours,we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.   [Dr. Seuss]

Dr. Seuss was right on this one, too. I’ve fallen in mutual weirdness many times. Sometimes it turned into something unforgettable. Other times, well, I’ve forgotten those.

Or stopped remembering them.


I love you, Currie

No comments: