Sunday, December 7, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 7 December 2014


It is odd that we never question the feasibility of a football team practicing long hours for one game; yet in writing we rarely give ourselves the space for practice.   [Natalie Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within]

Practise doesn’t always look like practise. Sometimes all I DO, writing-wise, in a day, is this. And somedays I even skip DOing this. But I always know that writing is practise. Writing is where I meet myself on the road and then travel on, happier, mayBE only BEcause I am glad to have the companionship.

I’ve learned so much about myself both through reading and writing Gratitude. Each person who writes and shares their writing is an element of my daily practise. Somedays more, and somedays nothing at all is all it takes for me to practise writing.

Writing practice brings us back to the uniqueness of our own minds and an acceptance of it. We all have wild dreams, fantasies, and ordinary thoughts. Let us to feel the texture of them and not be afraid of them.Writing is still the wildest thing I know.   [Natalie Goldberg, Wild Mind: Living the Writer's Life]

Funny… I never realised this great storehouse from which I write. I never realised how simply writing unearths it, shows it the LIGHT of day.


I love you, Currie

No comments: