Monday, December 22, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 22 December 2014


I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of.    [Joss Whedon]

I write to make a connection. Whether “out there” or deep inside myself, writing is always the shortest distance BEtween me and the World BEyond where my footprints are.

This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until its done. It's that easy, and that hard.   [Neil Gaiman]

This is how I DO it: I show up, open up, and see what comes up on the screen. Somehow it always works that way. I can count on mayBE 3 fingers the times I’ve known what I was going to write BEfore my fingers wrote it.

The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say.   [Anaïs Nin]

My thought is that a writer MUST write about the things that matter, to the writer, yes, but also to the World in which the writer lives, breathes, and has as his or her BEing.

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.   [Anton Chekhov]



I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

That's kind of how I sit down to blog, too. I take lots of pictures so I go see what new ones I have since I last wrote and go from there. Same thing with my writing journal I sit down to every day--just sit down and start.

But over the decades I have definitely used writing to dig deep to know more about myself and my whys and why nots. You have to know your dark and light sides, you know? Helps you to make the best decisions you can at the time or to discover the true reasons why you are upset, scared, angry, etc. Writing has always helped me with all of that. So I guess I mostly write for myself. :)

Merry Christmas!! :) :)