Sunday, December 21, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 21 December 2014


Misunderstanding is my cornerstone. It's everyone's, come to think of it. Illusions mistaken for truth are the pavement under our feet.   [Barbara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible]

I think this is a brilliant and encouraging statement. It is ALWAYS true, for me, that what I think is going on is NOT what is going on. NOT wholly, totally. I have limited perspective and forget that I know this. I go on misunderstanding My Life.

The most important thing about a person is always the thing you don't know.   [Barbara Kingsolver, The Lacuna]

Riddle solved. Sometimes I wonder what people I don’t speak with or stay in touch with are DOing and BEing and thinkingandfeeling. It’s just this continuing desire to know, to hear, and to deLIGHT in the magic of Life with those I love. NOT something bad or unhealthy at all…

It's terrible to lose somebody, but it's also true that some people never have anybody to lose, and I think that's got to be so much worse.   [Barbara Kingsolver, The Bean Trees[

Oh my… sometimes a thing so simple as that will right the overturned boat. It is like having immediate 20/20 vision, I sometimes wonder who will miss me when I am gone. And then I remember who I miss, NOT always or everyday, but miss.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

Humans are so vain. We want to believe so badly that we understand everything and everyone that we convince ourselves that we do...when our actual knowledge of the earth and each other is like a drop in the ocean.

It's a privilege to have people to truly miss...or to be missed.

Carol said...

It seems that this is the time of year when we most often reflect on those we miss in our life. It's something about the Holidays or perhaps the dreary weather of winter here... probably a combination of both. I find this year that the person I miss the most is myself. Since my injury knock me off my feet I have been wrapped in pain and self pity. A few weeks ago I realized that I was no longer the positive person I used to be and I didn't like that. I have missed ME! I'm working real hard and bringing back the real ME. My Christmas present to myself.
Sending you LOVE and STRENGTH ♥