Friday, December 5, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 5 December 2014


Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make it so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, or drop a jar of applesauce.   [Natalie Goldberg]

This is something that strikes me as both an absolute and a glaring misconception. I suppose it is BEcause I BElieve in order and discipline as much as I am certain that imagination and letting my mind wander and poke through things is the ONLY sane way for me to live.

But it’s never so simple as all that. Which is why writing can BE such a kick. And reading is such JOY.

If you never sit still, it does not even hint to that deeper self in you that you are interested. By practice, by showing up, we are signaling that deep motor, that hum of life, that we are ready: Help us. Pay attention and lead us out of our confusion.   [Natalie Goldberg, The True Secret of Writing: Connecting Life with Language]

I’ve heard a lot of people deny they are “creative” or “artistic” while simultaneously praising me. I am no different than the next person. I don’t drink any special kool-aid. I just show up and write every day. Then make some digital art. To share.

I am that simple.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Carol said...

There is nothing Simple about showing up and Doing. The fact that you DO it is what separates you from most. Creativity lives in almost every person but getting up and using it is what makes the difference. Sending Strength and Love ♥