Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 3 December 2014


We are important and our lives are important, magnificent really, and their details are worthy to be recorded. This is how writers must think, this is how we must sit down with pen in hand. We were here; we are human beings; this is how we lived. Let it be known, the earth passed before us. Our details are important… 

…Our task is to say a holy yes to the real things of our life as they exist – the real truth of who we are

We must become writers who accept things as they are, come to love the details, and step forward with a yes on our lips so there can be no more noes in the world, noes that invalidate life and stop these details from continuing.  
[Natalie Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within]

I’m thinking about “deliberately” writing about this Time in my Life. It’s hard to “stop” living it long enough to write it down though.

Still, it doesn’t all need “writing” to BE written. It’s Enough to see these “characters” who have been introducing themselves to me.

I’m rereading my favourite writers about writing. Looking at what it is I love about their voice[s], perspective[s], and stories. Then I can look at some of my own writing through those eyes.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

You sound in a reflective mood. I think it is a good thing to not only record what you are going through but use writing to sort through the jumble of feelings, too. I find writing can help me get perspective, too, when things get tough and hard. Keep writing! :)