Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 30 December 2014


You know why I like to talk to you, Delia? You never interrupt with your experiences. Not jiggling your foot till you get a chance to jump in with your life history.   [Anne Tyler, Ladder of Years]

This is the sort of person I like to talk to, too. Actually, to talk with. When I am talking with someone who plays this way, it makes me grow stronger in BEing that way, too.

I think a HUGE piece of why I have felt so isolated and apart from people is BEcause I had mistaken BEing ready to “jump in” and “jumping in” itself to BE How I DO It.

Cancer has been a good teacher in this regard. I have met many “Delias” along the way. They impart my lessons with such generous kindness.

“Face it,” I said. 'There is no true life. Your true life is the one you end up with, whatever it may be. You just do the best you can with what you've got,” I said.   [Anne Tyler, Back When We Were Grownups]

It’s true, this Life of mine is this Life of mine. I can pretty it up or smooth some of the rougher edges, but mostly I am learning to breathe in this notion and just DO the very best I CAN.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I just read some Anne Tyler this last year and really enjoyed her rambling, slice-of-life style of writing. *she says as she interrupts with her experiences* ;)