Thursday, December 18, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 18 December 2014


Close the door. Write with no one looking over your shoulder. Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer.   [Barbara Kingsolver]

I’ve been enJOYing myself, wandering through quotes from my favourite writers. Writers write. That’s what makes any of us “writers” I think. And when we compare ourselves to others or think someone else’s “win” is our “loss,” that only makes us crazy[ier].

I never think I have anyone looking over my shoulder as I write, yet I always feel the warm eyes and hearts of those who read whatever I DO write. This helps tremendously.

Also, I just let things dance out my fingers. I am the typist. I put the words down, here, on the screen, and then they are no longer “mine” but what I have to give Today.

I’ve printed out all the Gratitude I’ve written since 1 January 2014. It is a large stack of paper, NOT in the least bit “green” of me. It makes me smile, this stack of papers. It reminds me that all I have is this one moment.

I write what I’m thinkingandfeeling and that’s all I have. And all I have to give, Right Now.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

A wonderful thing to hold a year's worth of gratitude right there in your hands!! :)

Carol said...

Printing your post is a wonderful idea! Holding your words and art in your own hands instead of a screen can be so fulfilling. It's so much more personal and real ♥ Sending you STRENGTH & LOVE ♥