Thursday, October 31, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 31 October 2013


Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty. [Albert Einstein]

Compassion seems like one of those words that has been used to the point of nearly using it up. It’s almost a buzz word and sadly, buzz words lose their meaning far too quickly.

I am learning, yet again, that BEing compassionate is something that BEgins with ME. Having compassion for myself. Making room for my awkwardness and inexperience. Owning what is true for me and asking for or stating what I need. Sounds easy until I am DOing it…

Compassion often seems easier to have for others than myself. I am quick to care about another’s thoughts or feelings yet slower on the uptake when it comes to me. Just noticing and noting this can make all the difference.

And as I've gotten older, I've had more of a tendency to look for people who live by kindness, tolerance, compassion, a gentler way of looking at things. [Martin Scorsese]

I’ve had several conversations lately where I feel I am lobbying for compassion. For simple human kindness and consideration.

I don’t really like this sort of conversation…

Still, I am glad to have found the willingness to speak up. Finally.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Be that lobbyist for compassion! Yes!
I hate confrontation, too, but sometimes one must be a warrior for good. :)