Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Currie's Gratitude 6 January 2015


Equip yourself for your own needs.   [Patti Digh, What I Wish For You: Simple Wisdom for a Happy Life]

When something is as clear and plainspoken as this, I realise how easily I forget it, especially when I most need to remember it. Apply it.

Lately I’ve been adjusting dials and levels. I’ve been taking inventory and separating the excess from the essential. I’ve been exploring Where I Am Today without judging it or making any decision about what it all means or HOW it will all work out.

If there is one thing I have bumped into again and again and again it is the notion of equiping myself FIRST, then taking care of the other people and stuff of my Life. It is so simple and I know I understand it, so why is it I forget it so often?!

Some questions canNOT BE answered in words. Some of the answers are hidden in my heart, my brain, and mayBE my left pinkie toe.

Perhaps we can recognize our way out of patterns rather than repeating our way out of them.   [Patti Digh, Life Is a Verb: 37 Days to Wake Up, Be Mindful, and Live Intentionally]

I am all for recognising myself DOing it “wrong” and stopping. Changing is hard, but stopping myself is essential.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

It took me a long time to learn that I had to take care of myself and meet my needs first or I was not going to be as much help to anyone else as I wanted to be. Giving when you are drained is exhausting. Giving when you are overflowing is easy. ;)