Thursday, January 1, 2015

Currie's Gratitude 1 January 2015


Seeing a pattern doesn't mean you know how to pull it all together. Take baby steps: don't focus on the folks whose skills are far beyond your own. When you're new to something-or you haven't tried it in awhile- it can feel impossibly hard to get it right. Every misstep feels like a reason to quit. You envy everyone else who seems to know what they're doing. What keeps you going? The belief that one day you'll also be like that: Elegant. Capable. Confident. Experienced. And you can be. All you need now is enthusiasm. A little bravery. And-always-a sense of humor.   [Kate Jacobs]

A new year BEgins. And the need for bravery is great. As is the need for Letting Go. It’s a different New Year’s Day sort of day. One that reminds me of the many things that have made my Life My Life.

Losing someone I dearly loved. Conceiving someone I continue to dearly love but have lost it would seem, to Time and Misunderstandings.

Lately I have had to dig deeper, pull from all of what I saved, or imagined saving. I have had to make Time and that has meant finding it.

And I just keep on following that bouncing ball and singing the words a little BEhind the rest of the choir.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Better late than never, as they say. You could have never felt this way at all...and how sad would that have been. We should all be so lucky as to have people to truly miss. :) :) *hugs*