Friday, January 2, 2015

Currie's Gratitude 2 January 2015


Have you ever seen the dawn? Not a dawn groggy with lack of sleep or hectic with mindless obligations and you about to rush off on an early adventure or business, but full of deep silence and absolute clarity of perception? A dawning which you truly observe, degree by degree. It is the most amazing moment of birth. And more than anything it can spur you to action. Have a burning day.   [Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration]

I never realised how amazing dawn and pre-dawn are until I did. And once I discovered this love inside me for this gorgeous and exquisite time, there was no way I could plan to miss it again.

Watching my mother’s Life slowly winding itself down, little bit by almost invisibly small bit, it reminds me a little of dawn, pre-dawn, and this idea lets me hold onto her more loosely. To give her room to BE who she chooses to BE as her Life ends.

It is hard, walking through this. My own walk has been a lot, but somehow I forget that when I am in the midst of Mum’s. I don’t always know to reach out. And sometimes I don’t even think to. I just DO or BE as seems each situation.

Birth. Death. NOT so different.


I love you, Currie

No comments: