Sunday, January 11, 2015

Currie's Gratitude 11 January 2015


We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying, “Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness."  [from the film, Shall We Dance? 2004]

I’ve thought a LOT about the end of my Life these past 9 months. I’ve considered things I was NEVER aware of considering until, in a blink, I realised what I thinkandfeel and really WANT, in Life.

Life Today, I mean. That’s all that matters. This one day. Right Now.

You are always in my thoughts. When you were little, I knew your whereabouts at any given moment. Now that you are...off on your own, I still always know where you are, because I keep you in my heart.   [Elizabeth Berg]

Life changes…Life Changes. These are things I know. And they are things I am learning. Each day. Knowing I keep others in my heart, even those from other times in Life, this is something I have come to love about myself.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Life and Death.

I've had my moments...rescued from drowning, watching a ceiling disappear into a tornado, being beaten till I was knocked out/raped/told they would kill me...

My son...told he was born to die...soon. Surgeries, constant illnesses...death was close enough to kiss several times...will be again one day...borrowed time and miracles...my patched and re-patched bionic boy.

Eventually they were revealed as blessings all. Even the rape. Especially my son. Because it all changed my perspective...kept me present and awake...taught me not to miss the vast array of life's little miracles. Made me constantly wonder and probe...why am I here...why are we here. Just being here filled me with such gratitude, thankfulness, and joy. I don't want to drift through my days missing the endless miraculous moments.

Life and Death. It is a gift to the soul. A time to either crawl into the shadows in tears or dance wildly in the sun. We all have just this one moment.

You are dancing!! :)