Monday, January 5, 2015

Currie's Gratitude 5 January 2015


“People imagine that missing a loved one works kind of like missing cigarettes,' he said. 'The first day is really hard but the next day is less hard and so forth, easier and easier the longer you go on. But instead it's like missing water. Every day, you notice the person's absence more.”    [Anne Tyler]

I’ve been thinking a bit more, under the circumstances, that Life is often like unwrapping a package. There is a hint, perhaps, by the look of the Thing, but really I have no idea what each moment will bring. I sometimes tear into the paper while others I simply sit still and allow things to BE what they will.

Even when that means leaving them wrapped for some time.

It struck her all at once that dealing with other human beings was an awful lot of work.   [Anne Tyler, Back When We Were Grownups]

It really is, though NOT in a way that is particularly strenuous as I’ve so long BElieved. It’s NOT a “bad” thing or even a “good” one. It is nothing more than A Thing To BE Aware Of Living Here On Planet Earth.

Dealing with other humans BEing human is what it truly is. We feel unique yet we’re constantly surprised by how similar we are to one another.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I still miss my dearest friend, Ruby. At first it was a deep shocking sorrow (because it was unexpected), but after a time it hasn't been painful in a sad way. I think about her so fondly and am happy she is in a better place. I truly believe she is. I still miss her, but it hasn't gotten worse at all. It has grown almost like a small warm blanket I can wrap my soul in when I think of her. :)