Saturday, January 3, 2015

Currie's Gratitude 3 January 2014


I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people convinced they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference.   [Ellen Goodman]

I won’t lie, I want to make a difference. In any way I CAN, that is. My thoughts about our healthcare practises in this country have been turned inside out and upside down since the arrival of cancer on my “homefront.”

In the BEginning I was quite vocally adamant that I wouldn’t have surgery. That’s a decision I made in 2005. I stand by it and did, despite a lot of “push-back” from people, when that was proposed.

Some of what I think I can change, improve, or help is largely BEyond my grasp. So, if I want to make a difference, I start first in the smallest of ways. Baby steps. 

I’m learning a LOT about those.

Day BEfore yesterday, something came up and I was really quite proud of myself. It made me angry, HOT angry, like smoke could spew out my ears.

So I took a step back. I set it aside. I slept on it.

Yesterday I dealt with it. Like a grown-up. Like the Me I hope to BE. Every day.

Today it’s both different and better. Me, too.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Always best to cool down before dealing with things that push your hot buttons. Congrats!! Not always easy to do. Gets easier with practice. Generally will have better results, too. (I always have to remind myself--LOL!)