Monday, October 13, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 13 October 2014


If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.   [Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Insulted and Humiliated]

Sometimes I go missing. I think it’s just that I’ve nothing more to say. At least aloud where it is likely to stand BEcause I’ve written or published it.

Lately, however, I’ve gone missing BEcause I have had too hard a time standing strong in my words. I feel a tremendous lack of respect from just one person. And there is the trouble.

People can have their opinions about everything in the world, but people's opinions end where the tip of my nose begins. Your opinions of others can only go so far as to where their own shoreline is. The world is for your taking, but other people are not. One is only allowed to have an opinion of me, if that person is done educating him/herself on everything about me. Before people educate themselves on everything about you, they're not allowed to open their venomous mouthes and have an opinion about you.    [C. JoyBell C.]

It startles me to realise how easily I let others climb into the middle of my Life. How little I resist their tendency to overtake nearly EVERYthing.


I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Sometimes certain individuals become the personification of the achilles heel. I love how you are working through this, letting it teach you and growing as a result. Bravo!

Rita said...

Screw 'em! Don't let them drag you down. That's just what they want. People like that need to put someone else down to lift themselves higher. It's a sad commentary on how they choose to live their lives. Why should you allow yourself to be another notch in someone else's shallow self-esteem! Blow it off. Consider the imperfect source. ;)

pauline said...

I love you too Currie.
And I love where you're taking your giraffe art. :-)
Hang in there. The only person that matters in all of this is YOU. xx